1st – 7th Grade
Earth is our home and we need to take care of it. Teachers focus
on using our educational play areas to help our young learners
identify bones, understand the concept of adaptation, fill biomes
with animals, and discover the details of animal environments.
Teachers may select up to 4 of the following creative learning stations below or combine activities from another field trip with this topic.
- Make an awesome art project from reused items in our art studio.
- Fill the biomes with plants and animals.
- Observe adaptations of invertebrate and vertebrate animals with actual specimens.
- Explore how water becomes polluted, and the effects of water pollution on the animals living in and near the water in our Paradise Park water ecosystem.
- Learn about the 3 R’s: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle during interactive activities throughout Paradise Park’s environment.
- Work through the details of building a landfill and then understand the importance of caring for our environment while making a delicious layered snack in the interactive cooking area.
- Create the Arctic Ocean with an edible polar bear in the children’s interactive cooking area.