Pre K – 5th Grade
Stuffee is one of the main features in our Discovery Play area. He helps us teach about the basic organs and functions in our bodies. Our 7-foot-tall, stuffed science mascot allows all of our students to open him up and find all his organs. Students learn the shapes, locations and functions of each of Stuffee’s organs and how they relate to one’s overall health.
- Stuffee will be used to introduce the digestive system with removeable organs, in our performance area.
- Learn healthy eating habits by making a healthy snack that incorporates the basic food groups in our interactive cooking area.
- Learn about food groups while creating a healthy rainbow in the art studio.
- Plan a balanced breakfast, lunch, and dinner using food replicas for a healthy day of eating in our pretend grocery store.
- Choose a meal and identify the 6 food groups. (This activity is geared for older students who may already know the basic organs and functions in our body.)