Staycation in Kansas City
by the Local Experts of Fun at Paradise Park
If you’re wondering how to plan a staycation, we’ve got everything you need to know. Paradise Park in Kansas City is no stranger to fun or relaxation.
We’ll take you through everything you need to know about how to plan a staycation in Kansas City.
What is a staycation?
A staycation is a simple, yet brilliant, idea—enjoy the comforts of a vacation without leaving town or spending money on flights, hotels, transportation, souvenirs, and more for the whole family.
Staycations are a great way to relax, enjoy time away from your everyday routine, and spend quality time with your family and friends.
Staycationing in Kansas City is easy. We’re lucky to live, work, and play in a fairly inexpensive city that offers a wide variety of activities and services all year long that are hard to miss.
How to plan a staycation in Kansas City
The first thing you need to do in order to begin planning your staycation is to pick the dates.
Be sure you give yourself adequate time to plan for a day or two off from work, or determine whether you want to “staycation” within your existing schedule. More often than not, a weekend is the perfect length of time for a great staycation in KC!
The next thing you should do is determine what you want to do during this time off.
What to do on a staycation in Kansas City
Take advantage of your time off by planning a staycation in Kansas City. Here are a few ideas of what to do on a staycation to get you started:
You can’t spell fun without food! Okay, you can, but to us, food can be just as much of an experience as an activity!
Here are a few ideas for staying well fed during your staycation in Kansas City:
- Make a special trip to the grocery store to prepare a picnic.
- Experience a new restaurant or other food destination you wouldn’t otherwise try during your normal routine.
- Set aside time to try out a new recipe—and don’t be afraid to fail! Cooking food can result in more than just delicious food; it can also be an experience in itself.
- Take a hands-off approach and let your staycation venue handle the fare for you.
As the operators of family-owned Paradise Park in Kansas City for the past 3 decades, we know a thing or two about the importance of play.
Some of the best staycation ideas involve a new adventure or experience to help remove you from the worries of everyday life.
Whatever your style, Paradise Park has something for everyone during their KC staycation.
Who to bring on a staycation in Kansas City
Staycations aren’t always, and shouldn’t always be, a solo activity.
A staycation in Kansas City is the perfect opportunity for you to spend quality time with your family, close friends, or significant other.
Collaborate with your fellow staycationers to help determine your itinerary or preferred activities throughout the day or weekend.
Extra Staycation Tips
- Plan ahead as much as possible. Preparing activity options, food plans, and buying any necessary tickets or essentials in advance will help your staycation go that much more smoothly and make for a stress free non-getaway.
- Avoid accepting calls or checking emails. Easier said than done, right? Establishing separation from work is especially important during a staycation. Don’t assume that because you’re at home, you should be the responsible adult we all know you are during the week. We’re officially giving you permission to turn on that vacation auto-responder and come back to it on Monday. Trust us.
- Hype up your fellow staycationers. Whether you’ll be joined by your kids, a family friend, a significant other, or all of the above, get excited! You deserve your staycation in Kansas City. Use a countdown clock, post about it on social media, create a group chat to let out all of your excited gifs… Go nuts!
Maximize your Kansas City Staycation with a trip to Paradise Park
Hopefully if you weren’t considering a staycation in Kansas City before, you are now! Reach out to Paradise Park today and we’d be happy to help you plan your KC Staycation to make sure you get the most out of your time off!